Who is Eight Dragons Digital and how can you contact us?
Information that is defined as “personal information” pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 will be collected, used, disclosed, held and managed in accordance with The Privacy Act 1988. This personal information includes:
- the information you choose to provide us when you voluntarily register, such as your name, address, date of birth, and telephone number; and
- the information you provide when you answer questions on our website to participate in contests, such as information regarding you and your household, your demographic and lifestyle, your buying behavior, and your preferences and interests in relation to products, communication and media.
- information about the pages you view, and the links you click, including advertisements, through common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons, and your IP-address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet.
We use and/or disclose your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing as permitted by The Privacy Act 1988. All our competitions, promotions or advertisements where you consent to us collecting your will include the following statement which outlines the way we use your data :
“Promoter may share your information with its service providers and other promotion partners (together, our partners), who may also share your information with their service providers and
partners (together, their partners) who may be located overseas.
You agree that we, our partners and affiliates and their respective partners and affiliates may use your personal
information for following purposes:”
– advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes including direct marketing and facilitating direct marketing;
– creating insights, directing and addressing campaigns, validating, modelling, data matching and aggregating information with other information obtained from other sources and parties;
– appending the information to databases for the purposes of linkage and profiling for digital marketing and campaign purposes;
– linkage of data, files, records and other information, platforms
– delivery channels to other data, files, records and information
-facilitating, provisioning, assisting and arranging the deployment of campaigns, advertising, marketing, promotion and related activities to including to assist or facilitate deployment of direct marketing campaigns.
– review and evaluate the specific data
– identify new consumers across a range of marketing channels
– segment actual or potential customers into groups with similar characteristics
– understand the likely characteristics of actual or potential customers
– segment actual or potential customers into groups with similar characteristics
-predict customer behaviour
-create and maintain custom audiences
– conduct data linkages and data matching with other data held by our partners, its related bodies corporate or Third Parties to confirm, update or enhance the identity, contact details or related information of actual or potential customers: and /or conduct
– confirm, update or enhance the identity, contact details or related information of actual or potential customers; and/or conduct other data analytics activities in respect of actual or potential customers.
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing unless:
- We collected information from you
- You have a reasonable expectation that your personal information will be used for direct marketing; and
- We have provided you with an opt-out mechanism and you have not opted out.
- We collected information from you or someone other than you; and
- You do not have a reasonable expectation that your personal information will be used for direct marketing;
- but you have given your consent or it is impractical to obtain your consent; and
- We have provided you with an opt-out mechanism and you have not opted out
- The personal information we collect also enables us to optimise our service to you by:
- We collected information from you or someone other than you; and
- Displaying content and advertising customised to your preferences and interests. For example, offers for pet owners are displayed solely to users with pets.
- Informing you about our services and products and those of our select partners and prize sponsors from time to time and only with your permission that you provide by opting- in on registration, If you opt-out on registration we will not send you this information.
We also conduct internal surveys, analyse and compile in reports, and collect information in an aggregated form (“aggregated information”). This aggregated information does not identify you.
We use the aggregated information to design the offers of our select partners and competition prize sponsors as effectively as possible.
We also collect certain data automatically from your visit to our website or use of our services. This may include (but is not limited to) some or all of the following: How you connect to the internet (including IP address), how you engage with our site, screen resolution, browser data stored on your device (such as cookies – see also our Cookies policy), information about the device software you are using such as internet browser and location data (city,region of the IP address you used when accessing our services). We will only retain your Device information for 24 months from date of collection.
Tracking Technologies that Our Marketing Emails Use
Eight Dragons may use performance tracking technology within our emails to improve our future interactions with you. This means we are able to capture information including (but not limited to) the time and date you open our e-mails and the type of device used to open the email.
We use this information primarily to understand whether our e-mails are opened and what links are clicked on by our customers. We then use this information to improve the emails and other communications (including Post, SMS, app notifications and digital advertising) that we send or display to you, and the services that we provide.
We may share this information with other organizations to help them improve their own interactions with you. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Eight Dragons Digital Pty Ltd, Unit 1/124 Missenden Road Camperdown, NSW, Australia 2065. Ph 1300 788 109 Email : email@example.com.
Access, Complaints, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can access your personal information or make a complaint or request that:
- Your personal information is corrected. If we correct your personal information that has been disclosed to a third party we will take reasonable steps to inform the third party of the correction.;
- Your account is deleted; and
- We provide you with the source of your information unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Please send us an email, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time period. We will provide you with written notice under The Privacy Act 1988 if we refuse to correct your personal information. We will take such steps that are reasonable in the circumstance to protect personal information from misuse interference and loss.
If we no longer need your personal information, and law does not otherwise require it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information and de-identify it.
Eight Dragons does not allow advertisements to be targeted at individuals under the age of 18.
Eight Dragons does not knowingly collect Personal Information from or about children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 18, we will delete that data from our systems.
Eight Dragons encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s activities online.
Where Do We Store Your Information
Eight Dragons is based in Australia, which is where our main databases are. We also operate elsewhere in and outside the European Economic Area, so we may access your personal information from and transfer it to these locations as well. Don’t worry though, any personal information we access from or transfer to these locations is protected by European data protection standards. We may also transfer your data to our partners in the United States of America.
While countries in the European Economic Area all ensure rigorous data protection laws, there are parts of the world that may not be quite so rigorous and don’t provide the same quality of legal protection when it comes to your personal information.
To make sure we keep your personal information safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it overseas. For example:
- Sending your personal information to countries approved by the European Commission as having high quality data protection laws, such as Switzerland, Canada and the Isle of Man.
- Putting in place a contract with the recipient of your personal information that provides a suitable level of high quality protection.
- Sending your personal information to a member organisation approved by the European Commission as providing a suitable level of high quality protection. For example, the Privacy Shield Scheme that exists in the US.
We hold all personal information that you submit to us in accordance with The Privacy Act 1988. Your personal information is held and stored in a databank server, which is located in Australia. We do not assume responsibility for the publication of the information due to errors during transmission or due to unauthorized access by third parties. You should be aware that information which you voluntarily reveal over the internet, for example, in discussion forums, via e-mail or in chat rooms can be used by others. We do not monitor the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you reveal personal information, you do so at your own risk and understand that this information can be collected and used by others. Whether you receive unwanted messages or not is up to you because you alone are responsible for the concealment of your e-mail address.
How long we do keep your personal information for ?
We’ll keep your personal information for an indefinite period of time so that we can continue to provide you with offers and promotions from ourselves and our partners that we feel have the right fit for your profile. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our rights. These reasons can vary from one piece of information to the next and depend on the promotion, competition or campaign you signed up to, so the amount of time we keep your personal information for may vary.
In all cases, our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis, and information which is no longer required for any purposes will be disposed of.
Like many companies, when we display online Offers to you, we may use one or more persistent Tracking Technologies (such as Cookies, entity tags (eTags), pixels, web beacons/ GIFs, local storage, or other identifiers on your device and browser settings) in order to recognize you and your device each time we display Offers to you. We also apply statistical probabilities to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about, users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user). Tracking Technologies may set or alter settings or configurations on your Device. We use both session and persistent Tracking Technologies (explained below).
We use these Tracking Technologies for a number of purposes such as to remember you, ensure our offers, competition, campaigns or services are relevant and personalized, and understand what elements of Eight Dragons technologies work well, and which ones don’t. We also use Tracking Technologies to enhance your online experience, such as for preference setting, offer selection, analytics, conversion attribution and fraud reduction.
By engaging with and using Eight Dragons services, you are agreeing to our Privacy and Cookie policies and consent to the use of tracking technologies by us as described in these policies. If you don’t want to accept cookies, that’s fine too – further information is provided below to help you turn them off. In some circumstances where we process your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interests and those of our Partners and Brands, separate consent may be required by law for us to operate our technology (for example, in the case of cookies or other tracking technology that we use to access end user devices). Your consent may be obtained by us or on our behalf by our Partners and Brands.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is placed by a website within a computer device through your web browser; the cookie is subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser.
Cookies are designed to assist your computer or device to remember something a user has done within that website e.g. remembering that the user has logged in, or which buttons have been clicked, or what content has been searched for and presented.
For more information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What are other types of Tracking Technologies?
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Eight Dragons This includes:
- eTags – these are forms of cache cookies which persevere across browser sessions uniquely identify the user’s browser
- web beacons/ Pixels/ GIFs – these are small graphics that are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page and contain a unique identifier which are used to understand browsing activity.
- local storage – these are sets of data that are stored on your browser by Eight Dragons which maintain preferences and usage history.
- other – we capture browser settings from the user such as browser, browser version, plug-ins installed.
Do I have to accept cookies and other types of Tracking Technologies?
No you do not have to accept cookies or other types of tracking technologies that Eight Dragons may use. If you do not wish to use cookie when using Eight Dragons services, see the ‘How to control and delete Cookies’ section below for details on how to adjust the settings in your browser.
If you choose not to allow cookies you will still be able to engage with Eight Dragons services but your experience may differ from that if you have cookies enabled. Without cookies you may see repeated content, offers, social engagement requests or market research questions.
Cookies we use
We will update this list periodically as we make changes to cookies used as part of the Eight Dragons experience across websites, mobile websites and mobile applications; or if we can provide more specific information in relation to the cookies used on our platform. Note web, mobile, tablet and apps may not always use the same cookies. We’ve highlighted which channel uses which cookie so it’s easier for you to understand which ones might affect you.
This list includes cookies deployed by Eight Dragons on any partner sites.
How to control and delete cookies and tracking technologies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you chose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences, including advertising preferences, controlled by those cookies will be deleted.
If you would like to opt-out of all other types of Tracking Technologies we employ on Eight Dragons Sites, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, Eight Dragons services may not operate in an effective way if cookies are switched off.
Note by rejecting Tracking Technologies, this does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit Eight Dragons Sites.